The Dimmax dimmers communicate, via a Q-Net data
bus, with the Amra remote panels, via an analogue signal or via optional
DMX512, for stage or studio lighting applications, and regulate the
power to the light fittings.
They are robust power control dimmer racks designed
with facilities to meet the demanding requirments of modern Architectural,
Theatre and Television installations.
All Dimmax dimmer units provide the following
- An LCD display with command pushbuttons accessing
various mode functions (see Display
- Circuit breaker protection on each circuit.
- Soft start and voltage regulation of 1% to
a 10% swing in the mains.
- Auto phase sensing.
- Immunity to transient and mains signal pulsing.
- RF suppression to AS1044 .
- The control of filament lamps stepless and
smooth from 98% of the mains voltage down to zero.
- Outputs suitable for dimming mains or low voltage
tungsten loads,neon or set to non-dim, for switched-only loads.
- HF versions have air-gap power switching and
control outputs suitable for 1-10V fluorescent dimming to IEC929
- Heat dissipation using external convection
heat sinks without the use of maintenance prone fans.
- Control by Q Net, RS485 and 0-10v analog DC.
Available with DMX512, to special order, for stage lighting applications.
- Output light levels selectable at the dimmer
rack with facility to set backup mood independent of remote panels
- Built in real time clock for automatic mood
selection and halogen cycles.
- Range of selectable lamp response curves including
a non-dim switching function.
- Panic input to force dimmers to full output.